google-text-to-speech google-translate quote-marks next pause play prev list volume speech shape-circle shape-semi-circle-left shape-semi-circle-right
Skip to main content
Important information about COVID-19
Find out more

Know Your Options

Choose your language

Contact someone now

Finding help for alcohol and other drug problems

– go back

Where can I start?

If you are concerned about your alcohol and other drug use, there is a range of things you can do. Sometimes multiple supports will be required to give you the right help.

If you need further help, there is a wide range of services available.

Find a service

Our service directory has a list of services that may be right for you or the person you are concerned about.

Waiting for a service

Sometimes these services have a waiting time before you can access them. There are still things that you can do while you are waiting.

There are support services available.

There is a range of services available in South Australia for people who experience problems with alcohol and other drugs, which means there are many options for people with differing needs and treatment preferences. Many of these services are free.

learn more

Find a service near you

Or view all services

Would you like to speak to someone now?

Alcohol and Drug Information Service (ADIS) is a confidential telephone counselling, information and referral service. (Available 8:30am-10pm, 7 days for SA callers only).

You can also contact a counsellor online 24/7.

1300 13 1340 more info